Indiana Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Visiting the doctor or a hospital shouldn’t be terrifying. You should be able to have faith that your life is being placed in reliable hands when seeking medical attention. The quality of your care should never be in question, but if a professional physician has failed to uphold the standard of care you expect, an experienced Indiana medical malpractice lawyer at Stewart & Stewart Attorneys can help.
If you feel you have suffered an injury because of Indiana medical malpractice due to the negligence of a trusted doctor or healthcare provider, contact an Indianapolis personal injury lawyer from Stewart & Stewart. Our medical malpractice attorneys understand the struggles and financial hardships that a patient can encounter when dealing with Indiana medical malpractice. Stewart & Stewart is dedicated to putting your worries to ease.
Fill out the short form below to get help from a Stewart & Stewart intake specialist.
Our Indiana medical malpractice lawyers will fight to ensure that you are fairly compensated for the pain and suffering you endured as a result of Indiana medical malpractice. With Stewart & Stewart on your side, you can expect that we will not quit until you have been reimbursed for lost wages, costly medical bills, and any unforeseen financial expenses that could arise in the future because of Indiana medical malpractice.
Medical malpractice procedures
Indiana medical malpractice occurs when a doctor or hospital causes injury to a patient by failing to provide them with acceptable care.
If you believe you have been the victim of Indiana medical malpractice:
- Be patient. Sometimes doctors will admit there has been a mistake—either way, your case cannot be won unless you and your attorney can prove you suffered an injury.
- Get organized. Compile all of your medical information including: prescription bottles; a list of the names of all your doctors and hospitals; the reason you received treatment; the month and year of your treatment; and the drug dosage of any medication.
- Stay composed. Only discuss your case with your Indiana medical malpractice lawyer. Stay composed and when the time is right, you will have the chance to share your story.
In a typical Indiana medical malpractice case, four facts must be proven:
- the patient suffered an injury
- the doctor or hospital was responsible for providing your care
- the doctor or hospital caused the injury
- the doctor or hospital failed to provide a level of care consistent with acceptable medical standards
Medical malpractice facts
According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, more than 225,000 people die each year due to medical errors. The average numbers for these medical malpractice errors include:
- 12,000 deaths each year from unnecessary surgery
- 7,000 deaths each year from medication errors in hospitals
- 20,000 deaths each year from other errors in hospitals
- 80,000 deaths each year from a hospital-acquired infection
- 106,000 deaths each year from non-error, adverse effects of medications
If you are in need of an Indianapolis medical malpractice attorney that will guide you through this difficult process and stand by you the entire way, contact Stewart & Stewart Attorneys immediately.