Indiana has some great nursing home facilities. Unfortunately, it only takes one disgruntled or careless employee to cause significant harm to residents. If you feel like your aging loved one has been the victim of nursing home neglect or abuse, the first thing you should do is ensure the safety of your loved one. The second thing you should do is call a lawyer.
Nursing home residents have rights. When those rights are compromised, even once, the results could be significant and severe. In fact, to protect nursing home residents in Indiana, the government passed the Nursing Home Resident’s Bill of Rights. You can check out the full list on our website, but here are some of the highlights.
- The right to be informed of nursing home policies and procedures
- The right to choose their own physician and pharmacy
- The right to participate in the planning of their medical treatment
- The right to manage their own funds
- The right to visitation
- The right to confidentiality
At Stewart & Stewart, we’ve been fighting for the rights of nursing home residents for years, and if your loved one has been the victim of nursing home abuse or neglect, we want to help. Contact our experienced Indiana nursing home abuse attorneys today for a free consultation.