Open Positions at Stewart & Stewart
Associate Litigation Attorney
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow practices and processes that comply with appropriate laws and regulations, meet the company standards and serve the needs of our clients. This includes a commitment to a process of continuous improvement.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Provide extensive client contact.
- Conduct legal research.
- Write litigation documents effectively.
- Attend various deposition hearings.
- Communicate with administrative team to ensure that correspondence, client education and other literature are delivered to new clients.
- Prepare and review written correspondence, including litigation documents.
- Give and take direction.
- Assist with the maintenance of calendars and tasks in the case management system.
- Perform other duties as directed by the managing attorney.
Requirements and Additional Information:
- License to practice law in Indiana.
- Minimum of 2 years of litigation experience preferred.
- Genuine passion for client and community service.
- Commitment to providing high-quality, legal assistance.
- Ability to professionally multitask and meet multiple deadlines simultaneously.
- Willingness to learn and further develop skills and abilities.
- Dependability and trustworthiness.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills.
- Capacity to adapt.
- Ability to work independently without regular, direct supervision.
- Proficiency with the use of technology, including but not limited to, word processing, spreadsheets, internet-based programs and computer-based, legal research.
This is a full-time position. In order to apply, submit resume to AnnaJ@getstewart.com. Submission of writing samples is optional, but preferred.