Indiana Medical Malpractice Lawyers
Visiting the doctor or a hospital shouldn’t be terrifying. You should be able to have faith that your life is being placed in reliable hands when seeking medical attention. The quality of your care should never be in question, but if a professional physician has failed to uphold the standard of care you expect, an experienced Indiana medical malpractice lawyer at Stewart & Stewart Attorneys can help.
If you feel you have suffered an injury because of Indiana medical malpractice due to the negligence of a trusted doctor or healthcare provider, contact an Indianapolis personal injury lawyer from Stewart & Stewart. Our medical malpractice attorneys understand the struggles and financial hardships that a patient can encounter when dealing with Indiana medical malpractice. Stewart & Stewart is dedicated to putting your worries to ease.
Our Indiana medical malpractice lawyers will fight to ensure that you are fairly compensated for the pain and suffering you endured as a result of Indiana medical malpractice. With Stewart & Stewart on your side, you can expect that we will not quit until you have been reimbursed for lost wages, costly medical bills, and any unforeseen financial expenses that could arise in the future because of Indiana medical malpractice.
Medical Malpractice Procedures
Indiana medical malpractice occurs when a doctor or hospital causes injury to a patient by failing to provide them with acceptable care.
If you believe you have been the victim of Indiana medical malpractice:
- Be patient. Sometimes doctors will admit there has been a mistake—either way, your case cannot be won unless you and your attorney can prove you suffered an injury.
- Get organized. Compile all of your medical information including: prescription bottles; a list of the names of all your doctors and hospitals; the reason you received treatment; the month and year of your treatment; and the drug dosage of any medication.
- Stay composed. Only discuss your case with your medical malpractice lawyer. Stay composed and when the time is right, you will have the chance to share your story.
In a typical Indiana medical malpractice case, four facts must be proven:
- the patient suffered an injury
- the doctor or hospital was responsible for providing your care
- the doctor or hospital caused the injury
- the doctor or hospital failed to provide a level of care consistent with acceptable medical standards
Indiana Dental Malpractice Lawyers
Medical malpractice is often associated with doctors or nurses, though any healthcare provider can commit malpractice. Serious injuries and long-term health problems can result from negligence by dental healthcare providers. Mistakes can happen during cosmetic procedures, oral surgeries, or routine cleanings and fillings.
Our dental malpractice team of paralegals, nurses, and attorneys know the law and your rights in Indiana. We have the knowledge and resources to handle a variety of dental malpractice claims such as:
- Surgical mistakes
The sharp instruments used to perform oral surgery and other dental procedures can puncture sensitive areas, causing bleeding and nerve damage.
- Anesthesia complications
From root canals to tooth extractions, anesthesia is often used by dentists. But when the amount of anesthesia used is not carefully managed, patients can experience extreme pain, illness, coma, or even death.
Dentists have a duty to screen patients for oral diseases and cancers, and failure to provide a timely diagnosis can result in a worsened prognosis or death.
When dentists and technicians neglect to properly sterilize their instruments and treatment environments, they put patients at risk of infection and disease.
If you or someone you love was harmed by a dentist’s failure to provide acceptable care, call Stewart & Stewart. Our staff is available 24/7, and we’re here to help you get started.
Medical Malpractice Facts
According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, more than 225,000 people die each year due to medical errors. The average numbers for these medical malpractice errors include:
- 12,000 deaths each year from unnecessary surgery
- 7,000 deaths each year from medication errors in hospitals
- 20,000 deaths each year from other errors in hospitals
- 80,000 deaths each year from a hospital-acquired infection
- 106,000 deaths each year from non-error, adverse effects of medications
If you are in need of an Indianapolis medical malpractice attorney that will guide you through this difficult process and stand by you the entire way, contact Stewart & Stewart Attorneys immediately.