Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyers
Indianapolis Car Accident Lawyers
You’re cruising on your way home from work. It was a long day, and you can’t wait to get home, kick off the work shoes, and relax. Suddenly, you get sideswiped by an approaching vehicle. Your automobile is severely damaged, and you suffer injuries.
The auto injuries require a visit to the hospital. There are additional doctor appointments or procedures to correct the issues, and you may experience lasting pain. The car accident injuries cause you to miss time from work, and therefore you lose out on wages. The medical bills begin to pile up. Is there any way out of this mess?
You’re simply trying to recover, but since there is no such thing as a “simple auto accident,” somebody will have to handle the expenses and complications that have consumed your life since the collision.
This is where auto injury law comes in. Filing a claim to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and emotional pain and suffering is vital. A car accident attorney in Indianapolis can help you build a strong case and recover damages. Stewart & Stewart is here to defend victims of car accidents who are recovering from life-altering injuries.
Hire an Experienced Car Accident Attorney in Indianapolis
You have lost wages due to your inability to work, and you can’t ignore the overwhelming expenses from items like medication, a rental car, rehabilitation, and car repairs that have quickly piled up. Future bills that could add up if you experience any long-term pain and suffering will only make matters worse.
When you’ve been injured in an Indiana auto accident, don’t panic. Get Stewart. At Stewart & Stewart, our Indiana car accident lawyers study every detail of your Indiana car accident case to ensure that you get the help and money you deserve for your injuries.
Our firm is a team of experienced, professional car accident lawyers dedicated to fighting for injured people throughout Indiana and defending their legal rights. An Indianapolis auto accident lawyer from Stewart & Stewart is available around the clock and will provide the immediate attention you deserve following your Indiana car accident.
Steps to Follow After an Auto Accident
According to The National Safety Council, one in every eight drivers will be involved in an auto accident this year. If you are one of these drivers, it’s time to hire a trustworthy personal injury lawyer that will aggressively fight for your rights. Stewart & Stewart is eager to help Indiana auto accident victims who need professional legal services and is prepared to utilize all resources necessary to get you a fair settlement.
When you’ve been seriously injured in an auto accident, you need help. Follow these steps to protect your rights to compensation.
1. Stay calm.
Stay in control and pull over to the side of the road as soon as possible without causing more accidents. Be sure never to leave the scene of an Indiana auto accident if your vehicle was involved in the collision in any way.
2. Call the authorities.
Check to see if anyone has been injured in this Indiana auto accident. If medical attention is needed, contact 911. Also, know that all Indiana auto accidents should be reported to the police. Creating a police report of the car accident can be beneficial in determining fault and negligence for an injury accident.
3. Gather information.
Talk with any people who witnessed your Indiana auto accident. Write down names, contact information, and any other pertinent details they can provide.
4. Visit your doctor.
It is also best to visit a doctor immediately following an auto accident—whether you think you have been injured or not. While the doctor is examining you, be sure to mention specific details about how your Indiana car accident occurred and any injury or pain you suffered as a result.
5. Inform your insurance company.
Call your insurance company immediately to report the accident. Failing to report the accident immediately could, in some instances, result in the insurance company not covering you. However, if you find yourself dealing with an insurance adjuster, whether at the scene of the auto accident or after, don’t sign anything or give any statements.
6. Get a lawyer. Get Stewart.
Before signing any statements, consult an Indianapolis personal injury lawyer that specializes in helping those who have been injured in auto accidents as a result of another’s negligence. At Stewart & Stewart, we have helped thousands of clients get the compensation they deserve for injuries suffered in an Indiana auto accident.
Car Accidents in the United States—Statistics You Should Know
Car accidents are far more common than any other type of personal injury in the United States. You face a risk every time you get into your car, so taking precautions on the road to keep you and your family safe is vital.
Here are some alarming statistics on car accidents in the United States:
- There are an average of 6 million car accidents every year.
- More than 90 people die every day because of car accidents.
- There are 3 million victims of car accidents every year in the country.
- Around 2 million of those victims deal with permanent, life-altering injuries.
- 1 in 7 people doesn’t wear a seatbelt despite the safety feature reducing the chance of death from car accidents by 45 percent.
And here are some auto accident statistics specific to Indiana. Contact a car accident attorney in Indianapolis for more information on how you can pursue legal action for your injuries:
- There were over 219,000 car accidents on Indiana roads in 2017.
- The crashes resulted in 911 deaths.
- The auto accidents contributed to over 50,000 non-fatal injuries.
There are several contributors to car accidents in Indiana, along with the rest of the United States. Several of the below types of accidents are avoidable:
- Alcohol: Drinking and driving causes nearly 3 percent of all auto collisions in Indiana. There were almost 6,500 car accidents that involved impaired driving in 2017. You should contact a lawyer immediately if you were injured because of a drunk driver.
- Speeding: Driving too fast is another common reason for auto accidents. Nearly 29,000 accidents in 2017 cited speeding as a factor in the crash. This represents 8 percent of all accidents in the state.
- Distracted Driving: The use of smartphones and other devices while operating a vehicle is dangerous. Distracted driving cases involved more than 10,000 collisions in 2017. That’s nearly 5 percent of all crashes.
- Reckless Driving: Reckless or aggressive driving is also common on Indiana roads and in other states. Following too closely, failure to yield the right of way, and unsafe lane movement are examples of reckless or aggressive driving.
Contacting auto injury law and seeking financial justice is part of your recovery. While you or someone you know heals from the injuries, seek compensation for your medical bills and missed time from work.
In a Crash? Need Cash?®
Accidents happen in other ways besides driving or riding in a car or truck. Sharing the road safely and legally is the responsibility of all who travel on our busy streets. When riding a bike, walking, or jogging, the potential dangers grow larger and more serious. Collisions between cars and pedestrians can result in major injuries with lasting effects.
In a Crash? Need Cash?® At Stewart & Stewart Attorneys, we want to protect your rights. If you or someone you love was struck by a car or truck, know that our lawyers handle injury cases resulting from negligent, distracted, or intoxicated drivers failing to:
- yield to stopped traffic at crosswalks
- check for pedestrian sidewalk traffic before entering or leaving roadways
- check rear windows/mirrors before reversing their vehicles
Don’t pay out of pocket for injuries that weren’t your fault. Our lawyers are here to determine the cause of your pedestrian accident and hold the driver accountable for his or her actions. Our 24/7 team is ready to help. Call or complete a free online consultation form to get the experienced legal help you need.